Sunday, September 23, 2007

Arrr!! Me day's been overrun by PIRATES! Shiver me timbers!

Last weekend, Mom, the kids and I traveled to Janelle & Kyle's house so Kyle and I could go to the WVU/Maryland game (LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!). The game was Thursday, and then Friday Mom and Janelle and all the kids and I went to the fabric store and bought about 100 yards of different fabrics (seriously you should have seen the cutting ladies, I think they were appalled). We went home and started to sew...we made skirts for ourselves, and entire pirate costumes for each of the kids (yes, we even made the waist cinchers for the girls - we're THAT good). Mom actually got stuff to make herself some garb, but it turned out to be kind of a difficult pattern so she's going to take it to a seamstress so she can dress the next time...

The next time what, you ask?

THE FAIRE, OF COURSE!!



Yes, we sewed til 3:30am and took four little pirates to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. This was the first time I had been to one with children - it had its ups and downs, lol! They wanted EVERYTHING they saw, of course...and I couldn't provide, of course.



However, they did have a great time playing with the Bubble Fairy, getting their faces painted, sliding down a GIGANTIC slide, playing at the park and RIDING AN ELEPHANT. Yes. I kid you not! Ethan was absolutely beside himself with joy. It was about the cutest thing ever!




At the end of the Faire, the Rogues always close the show at the Dragon's Inn Pub. I love them! And apparently, Meggie does too! She and I DANCED our hearts out and had a blast!



It was a lot of fun, and at the end of the day we were all exhausted.

2 comments:

tigger said...

OH my luff those pictures are to DIE for!!! I love them - gorgeous....

Leslie said...

omg, you all look like you had a wonderful time!!! And damn fine job on the costumes!!! Everyone looked amazing! :D