Thursday, April 12, 2007

N'awlins...

It's one of my favorite cities in the world. I love the mixture of history and technology, the beauty and the filth (although I have to say it was cleaner than ever before this time - they hired contractors to clean the streets of the FQ and they don't even stink anymore!). I love everything about it. To me, it's not just about the party. I love the people. I could sit in a cafe in full view of the Vieux Carre and be perfectly happy just people watching for hours. I love the St. Louis cathedral, and the fact that so many people gather at the doors of that beautiful place. I love the little shops and boutiques on Royal Street. I love the FOOD. I've never had better. But most of all, I love the culture. It's like a completely different world, all packed into just a few city blocks.

So here's my "around town" picture. I took it while sitting in Desire Oyster Bar in the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street. For some reason, it just strikes me...

4 comments:

tigger said...

WHAT a great shot... I can see why it strikes you.

Everlasting Monday said...

That is a great pic! I love ones like that!

Jeanne said...

what a great pic of that little boy!

Angie Feldman said...

I know exactly what you mean. I love the Quarter, and it's always been one of my favorite places to visit. Although I don't know what I would do if I didn't smell urine as I walked down Bourbon Street!