Tuesday, April 17, 2007


I'm so sad about what has happened at Virginia Tech. I have opted to stay off the news channels for the most part today - they suck me in and I sit here and cry. I can't even begin to express my sorrow for those who lost loved ones in this tragedy, and for those who will have to deal with the aftermath of it.

I'm pretty angry about the angle the news is trying to take on this. There is NO ONE to blame but the man who chose to pick up the gun. Virginia Tech, the City of Blacksburg, and all the officials that have anything to do with the University are completely blameless in my opinion. I wish the news people would let it go and let those people start the healing process. They have so much they will have to go through to get beyond this, they don't need the news casters throwing stones.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Hokies.

2 comments:

Julianna said...

you really hit it on the head, jess. thanks for expressing feelings I couldn't find the words for.

tigger said...

:hug: my luff - you said it well.